Monotype Printing Batik

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Skull monotype printing. this technique of printing is a very messy one, so has worked well for me. You get quick results that are very effective. I always seem to work better when I can work quickly. This process is created by rolling out ink over a flat surface, Glass works very well and it's easier to clean off afterwards. Rolled over a plate evenly for this I used a sheet of aluminium, paper is placed over that aluminium and pressure is applied which transfers into a mirror image on the paper.

Direct off set negative tracing


 For this experiment I placed pieces of lace into certain areas of the skull. And got two of the same skull but with different results. the left image is a composite/combined mono print and the right is a reductive monotype stencil method.


This is one of the best techniques i have learnt at university and will definitely be playing more with it. I like the accuracy of what you can produce. That this is a way fro what you draw exactly to become a print. 

I am doing this blog as part of my study journal for my third year and any advice on anything that i'm working on would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if it's only me that understands what I'm trying to get across. I tend to babble....
 

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts