Initial Drawings Batik

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

These are only a few of my initial drawings, they're not to scale they were just quick drawings I did when I first began looking at skulls. All these images have been taken out of my sketchbook.


Charcoal
The left page is taken from the bodies revealed exhibition book. The teeth was jaw shape was something that I could never draw right. I could never measure it out accurately enough to fit all the teeth in. This image is my attempt at that. Not exact but its a huge improvement on my other attempts.


Drawing skulls is a lot harder than it seems. Mine don't look quite right but I'm still regularly drawing them now. I've developed my design to focus on a more basic skull shape but an anatomically correct design could feature as the main idea for my second project.
At least now I've got my initial drawings up, when I add the rest hopefully there will be a clear sign of improvement. I hope so anyway .......
 

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts