Batik Development Work

Sunday, April 6, 2014

This is the first few pieces of work that I have to add into my portfolio. This post will be a working progress and I'll be able to add to it throughout the end of third year. The ends getting close now, so i best start piecing these things together....

The image below is of a biro drawing. I've developed this on further from the talc prints which were more basic. I will be printing this on the digital printer. I am beginning to develop other patterns to create a range of scarves all with the similar theme.


These images are a collection of what I've done so far all laid out on the kitchen floor and taped to the living room wall. Make the best out of the area you have.



this image is off the skull shape I will be using for one of my wallpaper and scarf designs. you can't tell because of the amazing image i have taken but different processes have been used for the skulls. Flocking onto paper has been one of the most successful techniques which gives me a lot of ideas to play with for the final designs. (Another post will be added about flocking because i've done so much of it, i have so much to write.)
The fabric square was an experiment I did to play around with old aged effects and this process (I basically dropped direct dye on to fabric and then shook the fabric....good effect though right?) will be used as the background design for one of my scarves. 


This image is of my wallpaper designs. i began by drawing the skulls on the right using different materials such as:
Charcoal,
Pastels,
Bleach,
Tea,
Biro
and developed my first practice wallpaper which is on the left. Yes i like it, and yes it's worked well. But it isn't standing out enough to me. its not making me 100% happy with it. BUT now i have one first attempt finished I can develop that further and hopefully come up with something amazingly detailed and appealing.....
These are effectively my first mood boards and these images will be printed and mounted properly for my final portfolio but keeping it altogether here will make everything so much simpler.

added: 05/03/13

Screen printing using acrylic and an acetate stencil. The exposure unit for screens is currently out of order so I made stencils so I could continue developing the ideas.

Above image has two acrylic colours running through it. Daler Rowney Burnt Umber and Burnt Sienna. (see book of design for colour schemes)

 

This print was created by layering up stencils and printing each section in a different colour. I like how vibrant the white is and it takes the pattern away from being too dark.

after experimenting with different size (image soon to follow) I have decided to use a smaller skull image on the wallpaper as to not over bear the viewer, but the larger print on a wallpaper design where the skull image is not as visible because of the overlaying print.
 

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts